An easy to make, delicious recipe in that tender beef steak is cooked in a pressure cooker with saucy vegetables and tomato soup. The sauce is so good and thick. Serve with Rice.
Ready In: 45 minutes
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes + cooling
Saucy Swiss Steak Ingredients:
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef round steak, about 1/2-in thick
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp prepared horseradish
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Cut beef steak into servings size slices.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle over both sides of the steak.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker over medium heat.
- Place beef steak in the cooker; cook on both sides until lightly browned.
- Place carrots, onion, green pepper and celery in the pressure cooker.
- Stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water.
- Stir in soup and horseradish.
- Pour this mixture over the vegetables.
- Close cover securely.
- Place pressure regulator on vent pipe.
- Bring cooker to fully pressure over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Allow to cool until pressure is completely reduced.
- Transfer into a serving dish.
Saucy Swiss Steak is ready now.
- Serve with rice.
Yield: 6 servings.
Saucy Swiss Steak Nutritional Facts:
Amount Per Serving: ( 1 serving = 1 each)
- Calories: 253
- Fat: 8 g (2 g saturated fat)
- Cholesterol: 64 mg
- Sodium: 552 mg
- Carbohydrate: 16 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 28 g