Red and White karahi Ingredients:
- 500 gm boneless chicken
- 300 gm undercut beef
- 1/4 cup ghee or oil
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 boiled tomatoes
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp cumin, roasted & crushed
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds, roasted & crushed
- 1 tbsp dry fenugreek
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp red chili, crushed
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 5 green chilies
- 1/4 bunch of coriander leaves
Chef Zakir Recipe of Red and White Karahi:
- Wash chicken then cut into bite size pieces.
- Set aside.
- Wash undercut beef then cut into bite size pieces.
- Heat oil in a deep pan or karahi.
- Put chopped onion in it and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add 1/4 cup water and cook for 10 minutes or until all water dries up.
- Now put chicken and beef pieces in it.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until its change colour.
- Add gingre garlic paste and fry well for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, red chili powder, crushed red chili, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, turmeric powder, yogurt, and salt.
- Stir well.
- Cover and let it simmer for 15 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Remove the lid, add dry fenugreek and cook for 5 minutes or until oil comes out the top.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and green chilies.
Red and White Karahi is ready now.
- Serve hot with Naan.