These chocolaty whole wheat pancakes is a special breakfast treat. The yogurt and raspberries add moisture and sweetness. They even make a nice dessert when served with whipped cream. It’s a Diabetic Friendly recipe. Yummy!!
Ready In: 25 minutes
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Cocoa Pancakes Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp baking cocoa
- 1 tbsp reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
How to make Cocoa Pancakes:
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, salt, nutmeg.
- In another bowl, combine together the egg substitute, milk and butter.
- Fold into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Coat a griddle with non stick cooking spray.
- Pour batter by scant 1/4 cupfuls onto the hot griddle.
- Turn when bubbles form on top.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until the second side is lightly browned.
Cocoa Pancakes are ready now.
- Serve with raspberries and yogurt.
Yield: 8 pancakes.
Cocoa Pancakes Nutritional Facts;
Amount Per Serving: ( 1 serving = 2 pancakes with 1/4 cup raspberries and 2 tbsp yogurt)
- Calories: 201
- Fat: 2 g (1 g saturated fat)
- Cholesterol: 6 mg
- Sodium: 249 mg
- Carbohydrate: 40 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 8 g
- 2 starch
- 1/2 fruit